This personality trait was first researched by Dr. Elaine N. Aron in 1991 and is beginning to gain ground into the awareness of our modern culture. It is real and it is not a flaw, although it can often feel like it.
Wondering if you are a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP)?
Here are a few signs (not an exhaustive list):
1. You feel deeply and tend to be more emotionally reactive.
2. You daydream constantly
3. It takes you longer to make decisions.
4. You pay attention to subtlety and small details in general.
5. You are highly conscientious and have extremely good manners.
6. You are prone to having anxiety or depression, especially if you have had many bad past experiences.
7. Violent or Horror movies are not your cup of tea.
8. The thought of sitting still makes you angry.
9. You can taste flavors that others just don’t pick up on.
10. You can have a strong social aversion.
I offer counseling specifically geared for the Highly Sensitive Person in mind-partnering with you- to show you how to turn your struggle into your Superpower!